vendredi 4 avril 2008

Oh Mr. Darcy...


Oh how I would love to have a Mr. Darcy

Yep, guess what is on TV right now :) Thank you Oxygen channel once again for amazing chick flicks on Friday nights.

So it's time for an actual update!

And yes I'm at home on a Friday night, but not technically, it's my old home. My family left for Florida this morning for their spring break and they left me here to house sit and to take care of our pups. And these pups are not so small and they have already managed to crawl over me. I have the feeling that I'm going to smell like dogs and be covered in their fur all this week. Oh well such is life with dogs.

So where to begin with this week. It has been insane. I had 3 exams, Anatomy on Monday and Orgo and Calc on Wednesday. Plus labs and other lectures of course. This tends to happen at least 3 or 4 times a semester, when I just have a week full of exams. But the good news is, I ROCKED. I got an A on my Anatomy exam and a B on my Orgo exam. This is HUGE for me. These classes were kicking my ass. Well they still probably are, but now there's hope! Calc hoed my life though. Oh man. Here for you, describing my calc exam when I got done with it, is the text, verbatim, what I sent to Will:

"OMG that calc exam was like being raped by a creeper with AIDS with a 12 inch dildo and no lube while being forced to listen to nails on a chalk board...dear God"

Basically. I definitely got a message back saying "Hahaha funniest text ever!"

So that class is iffy at this point. I'm hoping my prof will humor me and pass me. I just need a C. Common, math is not my forte, just do this for me!

I so with I had my camera with me right now, my baby girl, our girl dog, Sabrina (I hate that name, I call her Beaners, after the coffee shop) is sitting on the ottoman next to me, with her legs crossed, it is the cutest thing ever. And now of course she is licking my hands as I'm attempting to type. Not an easy thing to do.

What else, I feel like there was so much more to say before. The Boy Formally and I are definitely on the friend track, and I'm ok with that. We're definitely not each others type. At least I don't think I'm his type. I think it's good for me to have guy friends that are straight.

So we shall see how this all will go. My life is quite interesting. God my phone just started ringed "Let's Hear it for the Boys"...my ringer for my gay boyfriend (not to be confused with my gay husband, Will), which of course managed to wake up both of the dogs. Great. His voice mail

"The reason why you're not answering your phone better be because you are getting fucked harder than you have ever been fucked in your life by S. I'm going to (insert local gay bar name here) and I was hoping that you would go out with me."

Hmmm to go to the gay bar or no. I really should. I'll give him a call when I finish this up.

So I ordered 3 movies on DVD online the other day. I love the new and used DVD selections on Amazon.com, it makes it so much easier to get great DVD's. So guess what I got? One of the best female movies ever!

Iron Jawed Angels.

If you have not seen this you need to go rent it, or better yet go out there and buy it! I first saw this in my Women's Studies class last year. It's an HBO movie staring Hilary Swank, Anjelica Huston, Frances O'Connor, Patrick Dempsey, and about a million other amazing actresses and actors. It is all about the Women's Suffrage Movement, and getting the right to vote for women. Hilary Swank plays the role of Alice Paul, and she is incredible. I really do think that this movie should be a requirement for all women, and men for that matter, to see. It is so inspirational, I always feel like getting out there and fighting for a cause. God what I would give to have lived in that time and fought for what they fought for. Girls and women these days don't know how hard it was for women, and that it was not until recently that we even had the basic rights such as the right to vote, the right to birth control, and the rights over our own bodies. All of these things came about within the past 100 years, and there is still so much more to fight for. That's right people, I am definitely a full blown feminist here. Watch out!

So seriously, watch that movie. It is on my list of must see's, and one of my favorites of all time.

Well this has been quite the post, and did I really get much out? I like to think so. So now lets see what this Friday night might bring....

0 commentaires: